Carol Burnside: Debuting a new series

by Carol Burnside

Debuting a new series isn’t for the the disorganized writer unless you have total recall. Let’s just say it’s a really good thing I have a love for spreadsheets and puzzles, especially since the first three books in my Sweetwater Springs series features the Baxter family who, by the end of book three have, let’s see… yes, twelve family members. That’s twelve birthdays and four aniversaries to keep track of, oh and holidays because they have a tradition of big cookouts for family celebrations. There are school children in those twelve, so I needed to factor in school schedules. It’s enough to make a person’s head spin.

Then my editor noticed some timeline “issues” in the first book. It seems I needed to clarify a few backstory items. Thank goodness I had an actual calendar made up and was able to figure out what needed to be added. Finally, A SUITABLE WIFE was ready to format for publication. The result is this:

CarolBurnside_ASuitableWife200
Sam Moreland is desperate to keep his daughter out of the clutches of her abusive mother seeking custody. He resists legal advice to provide the court with a complete family unit because past relationships have soured him on love.

Though she yearns for children, Rosie Baxter knows a failed pregnancy has likely left her barren. She remains single rather than bring her problems into a marriage and concentrates on her business with its financial woes.

A temporary marriage pact means Rosie provides Sam with the illusion of family in return for an influx of cash into her store. But kisses for show become all too real. When outside threats shake their growing bond, each must trust the other with their darkest secret or lose their best chance for love and happiness.

Fans of Marie Ferrarella, Tanya Michaels, Leanne Banks and Susan Mallery will enjoy this series, which contains sensual, contemporary romance against a backdrop of family and community in the small town of Sweetwater Springs, Arkansas.

Also in the series:

Book 2: Her Unexpected Family (Claire and Travis), February, 2014
Book 3: His Small Town Princess (J.T. and Cass), March 2014
Other titles are planned for this series.

- – -

Author headshot of Carol Burnside, aka Annie RayburnCarol Burnside is an award-winning author traditionally published in short stories. Five of her novel length manuscripts have placed in numerous RWA chapter contests and won five, including the prestigious Maggie Award for Excellence. Her personal second-chance-at-love story resulted in a marriage to her high school sweetheart of thirty-plus years. They reside in northern Arkansas, where Carol enjoys the Ozark foothills from her office windows and drinks sweet iced tea year round.

Browse her website for blog posts, excerpts, review snippits, and more about her sexy characters. Subscribe to her (free!) newsletter for all the latest book release info and contests.

- – -

Today Carol is giving away a copy of A SUITABLE WIFE for a comment picked at random. Are you an organized person or prefer controlled chaos to keep you sane? Something in-between?

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 3:31 pm

WordPress randomly turned off the comments. Sheesh! Sorry about that folks. I’ll keep the comments open through tomorrow for the drawing.

Marilyn Baron - January 29, 2014 - 5:04 pm

I love the cover of the first book and think the series will be great. As far as being organized, I think organized chaos is what my life is like. Somehow I manage to get things done but no, I wouldn’t say I’m super organized. Best of luck.

Sia Huff - January 29, 2014 - 5:35 pm

I love a Marriage of Convenience story. Sam & Rosie’s sound great. 12 family members is a lot to keep track of – I admire you.
I used to be organized…then the kids came. Now that they’re more independent, I’m reverting to organized ways. Still I have enough chaos to keep me flexible. So I’m an in-betweener.
Wishing you many sales, Carol.

Monica - January 29, 2014 - 5:54 pm

I can’t wait until your next release!

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 5:57 pm

Thanks, Marilyn. I just sent off the cover art form for the 3rd book in this series. So excited to have it out there.

You get a lot done, so if you’re not super organized there may be hope for me yet. ;-)

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 5:58 pm

I love a MoC too, Sia. It’s one of my fav storylines. I’m organized in some ways, not so much in others.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 5:59 pm

Hey, thanks, Monica! We authors live for comments like that.

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 6:01 pm

I’ve been holed up with my computer for so many days I HAVE to go buy some groceries. Will check comments when I return.

Maxine - January 29, 2014 - 8:17 pm

Carol, I love the cover and I love 12 family members, and I know you kept up with all of them! Best of luck. I can’t wait to read them all!

Carol Burnside - January 29, 2014 - 10:00 pm

Well, I tried, Maxine. I’d love to hear what you think of them. Thanks!

Connie Gillam - January 30, 2014 - 9:29 am

My hat’s off to you, Carol. Trying to keep track of the doings of all those family members will be a job, but it sounds like you’ve got it well in hand.

Carol Burnside - January 30, 2014 - 11:27 pm

Not without calendars and a ton of notes, Connie.

The nice thing with this series is that I have a whole town to work with. I can branch out to other families, bring in new people and won’t always have to include the Baxter family goings on so closely.

Carol Burnside - February 1, 2014 - 3:09 pm

Monica, thanks for taking the time to comment! So many don’t these days.

I’ll be in touch.

Sandy Elzie - February 3, 2014 - 4:00 pm

Hi Carol,
Late…again…but I can’t wait to read your latest release….and the rest of the series. Loved the blurb…sounds like a great read.