Welcome Author CINDY STARK !

SAMSUNG DIGIMAX A503
THE ALLURE OF SMALL TOWN LIVING  by Cindy Stark

I’ve recently learned that small town romances are hot as far as the romance market goes, and many of these stories sizzle between the pages, too. For me, tossing an attractive hero into my heroine’s path, and putting them in the confines of a tight-knit community makes for a fun story.

I think the popularity of small town romances can be attributed to the fast-paced world we live in. We long for a time or place where we can slow down and savor a lover’s kiss or spend more than five minutes chatting with our neighbor to discover what’s really going on behind the friendly wave. We’re too busy raising our kids, managing a household and, for a lot of us, working full-time jobs. We forget what it’s like to watch a hypnotic sunset as we stroll down a quiet street holding the hand of the man we admire and love.

I grew up in a small farming community shadowed by the Rocky Mountains, and I can remember field after field of green alfalfa for as far as the eye could see. I rode horses with my friends, and we had celebrations on Memorial Day and the Fourth of July where the whole community would join in the fun. We personally knew the guys smashing their cars in the demolition derby.

In my Aspen Series, I try to capture those feelings and transport readers to a place where life moves at a slower pace. This is true for my latest book, Reckless (Book Six in the Aspen Series), where my hero discovers exactly that. Here’s the premise:

Jenna Staker has spent years trying to live down her wild youth that almost cost her father his life. She’s run from trouble since then, but a girl can’t run forever. When Sebastian walks in and pins her with his startling blue eyes, she fears she’s met a man she can’t deny. He makes a play for her father’s oil wells and puts her in a precarious position between the two of them. If she lets him in, she’ll face her father’s wrath and leave her heart vulnerable to a man who’s bound to abandon her when the job is done.

Big-city corporate shark, Sebastian Black is used to getting what he wants, and he wants Jenna and her father’s business to boot. He’s tired of waking up to concrete and constant noise, and settling down with Jenna in her quaint little town sounds perfect to him. Unfortunately, her dad won’t sell, and she refuses to trust any man. If he can’t come up with something brilliant to change her mind, he’ll be forced to walk away.

I loved writing Reckless and hope you’ll enjoy reading it. Do any of you have small town memories you’d like to share? Or small towns you’d recommend visiting? I’m always looking for somewhere fun to head on a road trip.

Many thanks to all of you at Petit Fours and Hot Tamales for inviting me to visit. It’s been my pleasure!

Cindy

But WAIT !!!   There’s more !!!

Cindy is giving away  two e-book coupons from Smashwords…downloads of the first book in her series, RELENTLESS.    Winners will be chosen from those who leave a comment.

Then, after leaving a comment, click on “WOUNDED” below and download a free copy of the prequel to Relentless.

WOUNDED

Blog-Cindy-Wounded

You can read more about Cindy or connect with her on:

Website: www.CindyStark.com   Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/CindyStark19?ref=hl    Twitter link: https://twitter.com/CindyStark19

And, you can purchase her books at:

Amazon          Barnes and Noble      Smashwords

Her newest book...RECKLESS...is available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Sandy Elzie - May 21, 2014 - 6:43 am

Hi Cindy,
I lived in a small town in N.C. for the first 12 years (Conover) and then moved to Calif where I lived in another small town (well, it was back 50+ years) Folsom…yes, where the prison is that Johnny Cash made famous. I’m in Georgia now, but still long for those days of slower traffic, longer conversations and lazy afternoons in the sunshine.

Great article and I’ve purchased the first few books in your series…and downloaded Wounded…and I’m ready to hit the beach and read, read, read.

Thanks for joining us today.

Maxine Davis - May 21, 2014 - 8:18 am

Hello Cindy, Thank you for joining PFHT today. I really enjoyed the blurb for Reckless and certainly plan to read it. I love small towns. Georgia is full of them and I do love visiting them and getting ideas for books and to just enjoy the surroundings.

Sia Huff - May 21, 2014 - 8:41 am

Great cover, Cindy. “Reckless” sounds like a great read. It’s tough to be caught between your Dad and a guy you’re interested in. I’ve never lived in a small town, but we visited upstate New York every year. You’re right, the pace is slower.
Thanks for blogging with us today. Wishing you many sales.

tamara leblanc - May 21, 2014 - 9:37 am

WOW, who does your covers? They’re AMAZING. If your post hadn’t been so alluring I would have bought the books simply for those covers! Love them, and I LOVE the evocative way you wrote this post…it makes me think about things.
My husband, who I dearly loved, passed away recently, and when you mentioned watching the sunset as you stroll, hand in hand, down the street with the man you admire and love, it brought tears to my eyes. I won’t have that opportunity again, not in real life, but in reading your story, maybe I’ll be able to live through your beautiful words and my memories.
Thank you so much for your post.
Have a brilliant day,

Pam Asberry - May 21, 2014 - 9:41 am

I grew up in a small town in southern Illinois and have many great memories of living there – although as a high school senior, I could hardly wait to graduate and get away! Thank you for blogging with us today.

Tracie Fielden - May 21, 2014 - 9:41 am

Cindy your books do capture the flavor of small town life and the closeness of those who live there. Of course you do bring the heat and I love that too. “Wounded” was wonderful and touching and I know I will enjoy reading “Reckless”. Welcome to the blogosphere.

Janelle - May 21, 2014 - 9:47 am

Cindy, I enjoy reading small town romances for those exact reasons. I always love learning a little more about authors because it brings a little extra touch when I read their books. I’ve read several of your stories and I’m really looking forward to settling in with Reckless! Great post!

Cindy Stark - May 21, 2014 - 9:51 am

Thanks for inviting me to spend time with all of you today! And thank you for the sweet compliments on my books. I’ve always wanted to visit the small towns in Georgia, or really any of Georgia. The scenery looks amazing, and if the guys are anything like the sexy country music stars that hail from there, you are some lucky gals. Toss in a southern accent, and I’m hooked. I’ve been to the airport once, but that doesn’t count! On my list of places to visit next, Georgia is in the top five.

Connie Gillam - May 21, 2014 - 9:52 am

Cindy-

I’ve never lived in a small town, but every summer when I was a child I’d spend it on my grandparents’ farm in Mississippi. At night we’d listen to the radio before going to sleep. The world was quiet around us, just crickets, bullfrogs and the occasional howl of the hound dogs, chasing rabbits in their sleep.

Clancy Metzger - May 21, 2014 - 9:59 am

Cindy! I can’t wait to read your latest. I’ve enjoyed your books so much.
I grew up far enough outside of Fairbanks, Alaska that we were a small community. Twice a month the grange hall would show a movie and sell popcorn while we watched on folding chairs. Once a month we had a farmer’s market/community garage sale at the same location. Everything actually took place at the grange hall. Everyone knew everyone else. I know what you’re talking about and remember it fondly.
Good luck on “Reckless”!

Marilyn Baron - May 21, 2014 - 10:55 am

Well, I’m afraid I was born in one of the biggest cities in the country, Miami, so I never had that small town experience. As a result, I would love to live in a small town. I currently live in a “small” but not that small suburb of Atlanta, Roswell, but we have a beach condo in a very small town in Florida called Palm Coast. When I say they roll up the sidewalks early, I don’t even think they have sidewalks. Anyway, I would be happy just staying there. That’s why your series set in a small town appeals to me. Thank you for visiting the blog.

L.L. Muir - May 21, 2014 - 11:33 am

I used to spend my summer vacations at my grandpa’s farm. I remember making forts out of hay and walking into town for a pop. The only thing I HAD to do was to stay away from the ditch.
Good times!!!

And I can’t wait to read your book.
Lesli

Sandy Loyd - May 21, 2014 - 11:52 am

Great post. I didn’t grow up in a small town. But I love reading about characters who are from them. I’ve also read most of the Aspen series and loved them. Thanks for sharing, Cindy.

Jo Ann Jones - May 21, 2014 - 12:20 pm

You’re right, Cindy, there’s nothing like living in a small town. The smaller the better, for me. I’m grateful to have been able to experience that sense of community and roots and knowing nearly every face you see. Congratulations on RECKLESS and your amazing Aspen series.

Dianna Love - May 21, 2014 - 1:13 pm

I didn’t grow up in a big city, but Tampa wasn’t a small town either. I can see the draw to being in a small town if it was on the Gulf coast. I’d enjoy that. Congratulations on your books!

Cindy Stark - May 21, 2014 - 1:39 pm

Thank you, Tamara, for the compliments and your beautiful story. You brought tears to my eyes. Your husband sounds like he was a real-life hero, and you are lucky to have found him. :)

Cindy Stark - May 21, 2014 - 1:53 pm

I LOVE all the fun memories of small town living! Listening to the crickets at night, walking into town for a pop, and living in a community where everyone hangs out together–good times for sure. They all remind me of my childhood. And yes, I remember the feeling of wanting to escape to the big, exciting city. Funny how things change as we get older. I wish I could go back and take my kids to show them a different side of life.
Marilyn & Dianna–I love Florida, unfortunately, I’ve only been to the big cities, too. I’m going to have to make it a point to head in a different direction the next time I visit and explore some of the small, coastal towns. I’m sure they’re beautiful–I do worry about the alligators, though. :)

Carol Burnside - May 21, 2014 - 3:36 pm

I’ve lived in several small towns. When Hubby and I moved around with his job, we chose the smaller suburbs on the edges of larger metropolitan cities because it felt more like “home” to us. I also write small town romance and like reading it too. Your story sounds great and the Reckless cover is eye-catching! Love the colors. I’m off to check out the prequel…

Tiffinie Helmer - May 21, 2014 - 6:28 pm

Small towns are were it’s at! The small town I’m currently living in has gotten to big. I need to downsize my town. Love your series. Keep them coming!

Cindy Stark - May 21, 2014 - 9:56 pm

Thanks Carol! I’ll be checking out your books too!

Walt Mussell - May 21, 2014 - 11:44 pm

One of the oddest memories I had was when my sister told me a local radio show in Atlanta was calling the cinema in my hometown (pop. 10,000 or so at the time) to get movie reviews on movies that were about to hit tape/DVD. It was hilarious.

Cindy Stark - May 23, 2014 - 11:58 am

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to my post. I’ve enjoyed my time here. And thanks to Petit Fours and Hot Tamales for the invite! Stay tuned for the announcement of the winners of a copy of Relentless.